CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blood Splatter Nail Art

Today is the second day of halloween nail art =] Today it's a blood splatter mani! It kinda looks like I commited murder washed my hands, but stained my white nails (at least that's what I kept thinking when I was walking around all day wearing this mani lol)


What You Need:
White nail polish
Dark red nail polish
Straw
Scotch Tape
Paper plate
Basecoat
Topcoat

Step One:
Paint your nails with a base coat. Then paint your nails white!


Step Two:
Poor a little bit of nail polish onto your paper plate (I'm using a couple sheets of paper because I did not have a paper plate lying around.) Now take your straw and dab it into the nail polish. If it doesn't pick up very well you can scoop a little bit into the straw =]


Step Three:
Aim the straw at your finger nail and blow through the straw. Do this to each finger nail one at a time. It does get a little bit messy so if you would like to avoid the mess you can always use scotch tape, but for me that personally takes too long and it's soo much easier to just clean it up.


Step Four:
Wait for a little bit to ensure your polish is dry. Clean up the mess you've made around your fingers!! Then apply your top coat and done!



What do you think about this mani? I think I might wear it for halloween, but I'm undecided lol.



11 comments:

Shang J. said...

This looks awesome. Even my unsteady hand can give this a try. ^^

BreezeyBee said...

this is the coolest thing ever!
im going to paint my nails like this when dexter premiers hehe.. its my own form of dressing up for the show!

thought id followed! grr damn computer :)
hopefully following now x
BreezeyBee Blog

Nail Art Epicness said...

@Shang J. Yes! It's very easy and you don't have to have a steady hand =] lol

@BreezyBee I've never seen dexter. I watch a lot of forensic files and what not and my friend told me about dexter and said it was a really good show, but I never got around to watching it.

You are following =] Thanks so much for the support =]

Sandra said...

This looks so cool! I did a similar one way back. :)

Nail Art Epicness said...

@Sandra I will have to check it out!

Beautyshades said...

Great for Halloween . Very bloody like:)

Nail Art Epicness said...

@Beautyshades thanks for posting and following =]

Nail Nerd said...

These look great! If you tape your fingers off before doing the splatter you can just peel off the tape instead of scrubbing your fingers, saves a ton of hassle :)

Olivia C. said...

Love it! I would definitely rock this for Halloween.

Nail Art Epicness said...

@Nail Nerd yes, you are right, and I mentioned that in the steps lol But I personally think it takes longer to tape 'em. So I guess it's really just a personal preference =]

@Olivia C. Thanks!!

BeckyLynn1986 said...

Also using petroleum jelly around your nails will prevent it from staying on your skin and may be easier than taping :-)

Post a Comment

Please do not leave comments saying follow me I'll follow you. Please do not leave links to your blog. If you would like me to look at your blog please send a link to my e-mail and I will be happy to go and take a gander at it!