CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 26, 2011

Love & Beauty: Vicious Violet (Or A Vicious Mess?)

I won some goodies from A Beauty-Full Life's blog. The goodies included a nail polish from Love & Beauty (from forever21) As soon as I opened that envelope and saw the nail polish I was IN LOVE with the color. It's a dark purple and has pink and blue shimmer added to it. The next day I was in a hurry to try it out!

The brush was horribly flimsy. After I applied just one coat I already could tell this polish was going to be trouble. It went on streaky! I applied three coats and even after three coats it wasn't opaque. I didn't apply a top coat and waited a good 15 minutes to touch anything. ALL of my nails smudged after waiting that long. I pushed on my nails an hour after and the polish smudged more. I couldn't believe after that long it was still wet! I thought I would try again the next day and this time I would wait the hour for it to dry. NOPE! Still smudged! Not every nail smudged that time, but every nail did have imprints of fabric on it. I was sooo determined to get a swatch of this nail polish for my blog that I decided to paint my toe nails instead because I rarely smudge my toe nails.. FAIL! Smudged again. Unfortunately I really like the color, but HATE this polish. It was an absolute nightmare to work with. However, all the other stuff I recieved from LC's blog I absolutely LOVED!

Anyways here is some pictures of the "Vicious Mess."




After my three attempts at painting my nails I got online and searched for reviews of this nail polish. All the reviews I seen the people said they liked the polish and out of ALL the reviews I only seen one comment say they had such difficulty with this brand. So maybe it's just this color? Or maybe it's me? LOL. I might try this brand again in the future, but so far I'm not impressed.

Question for today: Do you own any Love & Beauty nail polishes? If so, has it given you any trouble?


14 comments:

Nail Designs xox said...

Aww sorry the polish didn't wok well for you! I hate that!

Nail Art Epicness said...

@Nai Designs xox Thanks! Me too! But this is the ONLY polish I have ever had so much trouble with lol.

LC said...

AWWWWWWW MANNNN!!! I cant believe this happened!!!!!!!!!!!! I am about to fall over! LOL For as inexpensive as these polishes are, I've never had a problem with them! I loved this color when I purchased it - I feel HORRIBLE that you had such a problem with it!!! :( I hope you liked everything else though!!! :(

XO!
LC

KarenD said...

I have some of these, and I did have trouble with one of them drying--took longer than other polishes even with my usual quick dry top coat. It did eventually dry, though. Could be something about that color's formula isn't helping.

Shang J. said...

I have a nail polish from Avon that is also very difficult to apply. But because Avon is a good company, I blame it on that particular nail polish. Maybe the same is with you.

Beautyshades said...

The colour is lovely a shame they are hard to work with

Nail Art Epicness said...

@LC I do love everything else! Thanks soo much =]

@KarenD, Shang J. and Beautyshades thanks ladies for commenting! I'm pretty sure it's just the color not the brand =]

♥beauxs mom said...

That sucks so bad I haven't tried any polices from this brand, hopefully you just got a bad one.

♥beauxs mom said...

Oops sorry my stupid phone put polices instead of polishes!

Olivia C. said...

I don't have any from this brand, but I'm sorry it was such a mess! It's a pretty color, anyway.

Nail Art Epicness said...

@beauxs mom Haha too funny! Polices.. lol.

@Olivia C. Yup, I'm pretty sure it was just the color. I might try and swatch it one more time, but I'm not sure lol

Eat.Sleep.Polish. said...

I think I own 21 polishes from Forever 21 (ironic) haha. I haven't had any problems with them drying, but I have noticed that some are watery and sometimes run on my cuticles. Other than that I'm in love with their glitters!

Nail Nerd said...

I think it really depends on the color -- there are some love & beauty polishes I've bought that I've used once because the formula was the pits (runny, splotchy, bubbly, the works) but then there'll be others that go on perfectly... there's just no rhyme or reason to it with them I think.

Nail Art Epicness said...

@Nail Nerd Yeah, it really sucks that this polish didn't work though cause it's sooo pretty! lol. Like I said, I might try swatching it one more time.

Post a Comment

Please do not leave comments saying follow me I'll follow you. Please do not leave links to your blog. If you would like me to look at your blog please send a link to my e-mail and I will be happy to go and take a gander at it!