CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stitches Nail Art

Okay, I know this isn't the greatest nail tutorial, but I still thought it was a cool way to go about nail art. If you have seen newspaper nails you'll now this is the same concept, but this time I drew stitches using an ink pen and a piece of paper. I had originally wrote R I P with stitches on my pinky and thumb, but it got messed up and I had to start all over (sigh).  Anyways, the stiches remind me of frankenstein =]


What You Need:
Basecoat
Green nailpolish
Top coat
Printer paper
Pen
Rubbing alcohol
Container
Scissors

Step One:
Paint your nails with a basecoat. Then paint your nails green.


Step Two:
Draw your design on a piece of paper.


Step Three:
Cut out each design individually. Take your rubbing alcohol and poor it into a container. Then take one of the designs and dip it in the rubbing alcohol. Then apply it to your nail. Do this to each nail. Then apply your top coat and your done!



The ink bleeds very easily so be careful! I'm assuming you can also just do this with a printer and the awesome thing about a printer is you can flip the words around on the computer =] I unfortunately do not have access to a printer at the moment, but once I do I think I'll do another mani using this method!

My boyfriends little step sister saw my nails just now and said "Let me see your nails!" I showed her and I said, "They're stitches." She immediatly said "Can you do that to my nails?!" LOL.

6 comments:

Beanie said...

cuteee! i thought of frankenstein too!

KarenD said...

How fun--would be so great for Halloween!

Nail Art Epicness said...

Thanks for commenting ladies!

Olivia C. said...

Cute cute cute! :)

Shally said...

Those are super cute! I tried the newsprint nails and couldn't get it to work.

Nail Art Epicness said...

I didn't have very good luck the first time I did it either.. You can also try using water, but you will have to push a little hard.

Post a Comment

Please do not leave comments saying follow me I'll follow you. Please do not leave links to your blog. If you would like me to look at your blog please send a link to my e-mail and I will be happy to go and take a gander at it!